Over at The Aggregate, Nick Vaughn has registered his New Albany Election Predictions. So far NA Confidential has issued endorsements (below), but not predictions as such.
I’ll be getting around to those during the next few weeks.
With the immense amount of nationally focused articles running in and around Southern Indiana, I felt that it was important to provide some more locally focused analysis of the upcoming municipal elections in New Albany.
The predictions outlined here are just that and can be taken however you’d like them to be. While no empirical data was used in determining these predictions, my experience in local politics, friendships with candidates and voters, and my gut feeling, were used to make these predictions.
These predictions will be categorized in the following ways: 1. Toss-up, meaning the race is a dead heat and could go either way, 2. Leans Republican, Democratic, or Independent, meaning the race leans between 2-4% points in one directions, and 3. Solidly Republican, Democratic, or Independent, meaning the race is 5% points or higher leaning in one direction.
NAC Endorsement Compendium:
- Vote Stefanie Griffith for New Albany City Council District 1.
- Vote Scott Stewart for New Albany City Council District 2.
- Vote for Thunder the Wonder Ferret as a write-in for New Albany City Council District 3.
- Vote Cisa Kubley for New Albany City Council District 4.
- Vote Josh “JT” Turner for New Albany City Council District 5.
- Vote Scott Blair for New Albany City Council District 6.
- Vote Al Knable and Christina Estill for New Albany City Council At-Large.
- Vote your conscience for New Albany City Clerk, as both candidates are excellent.
- ON THE AVENUES: Socialists for Seabrook, because we desperately need a new beginning in New Albany.